Salmon Hash with Yukon Gold Potatoes and Herbs
$45.00 per Dish
Serving Size: 5 oz
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 8
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, place salmon filets equally spaced apart. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake until internal temperature reaches 140 F, about 15 minutes. Set aside. While salmon cooks and rests, continue with the following steps.
- In a 12-inch frying pan, preferably cast iron, melt the butter/ghee over medium heat and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the potatoes and onion and sauté just until coated with the butter, about 1 minute. Cover and cook to steam the potatoes until they are almost fork-tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the celery, stir briefly, and then re-cover and cook for 3 minutes longer. Uncover the pan; increase the heat to medium-high; and add the dill, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the potatoes are lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the salmon and parsley and cook just until the salmon is heated through. Using a heat-resistant rubber spatula, stir the mixture gently, being careful not to break up the salmon pieces. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve immediately, passing the hot-pepper sauce at the table.
- 1.5 pound salmon filet coarsely flaked (equal to about 4 filets)
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter or ghee
- 4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes red-skinned Yukon Gold, or Yellow Finn potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 yellow onion large, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 rib celery halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 4 teaspoon fresh thyme or dried, whatever is easiest and most accessible, minced
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- hot-pepper sauce for serving
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking Pan, Baking sheet, Cutting board, Food storage containers, Kitchen towels, Meat Thermometer, Oven, Refrigerator, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Spatula, Tongs, Top Stove
Can be reheated in the oven at 425 F for 20 minutes, in the microwave for 2 minutes, or thrown back into a skillet until heated through.
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 1511mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1161IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.