Book a Chef
Salsa Roja (Cantina Style)
Rated 0 out of 5
$32.50 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 5 tablespoons
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Place oven rack on upper third of oven and preheat broiler. Place whole tomatoes (halved if large, skin side up), onion, jalapenos, and garlic on heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with avocado oil. Broil until lightly charred on top, about 10-15 minutes.
- Put the remaining avocado oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the dried chiles. Saute for just a minute to release the flavors, being careful not to burn the chiles.
- Add the broiled vegetables to the pot. Remove from heat. Using a stick blender (or blender) puree the mixture, adding water as necessary to thin.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Correct seasonings.
Total Time30 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
For the broiler:
- 2 pound tomato
- 1 small white onion
- 3 jalapeno pepper more or less to taste
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
For the rest of the salsa:
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 2 small dried red chiles such as chiles de arbol
- ¾-1 cup water to thin salsa
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
Cooking Tools Required5-quart saucepot, Blender, Cutting board, Heavy duty rimmed baking sheet, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Oven, Sharp Knives, Top Stove, Wooden Spatula
Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 704mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 816IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.