Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Shredded Chicken Tacos
$48.75 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 7-8 oz
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
MAKE THE HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
- Add the chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and black pepper to a small bowl, stir to combine.
BROWN THE CHICKEN
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, but not smoking, add the chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set on a plate or pan. Don’t worry that it’s not cooked all the way through; it will finish cooking in the sauce.
MAKE THE TACO SAUCE
- Do not wash the skillet.
- Set the skillet back over medium heat. Add the tomato sauce, water and prepared seasoning mix, stir well to combine.
- When the sauce comes to a simmer return the chicken to the skillet. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Keep the sauce at a simmer. Turn the chicken about half way through the cooking time, and stir occasionally.
- Make sure the chicken is at least 165°F at the thickest part.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and continue cooking the sauce, covered on low heat. It should be barely at a simmer.
SHRED THE CHICKEN
- Place the chicken on a cutting board or pan and shred using two forks.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and cook a few minutes until warmed through and most of the sauce is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Serve the shredded chicken with tortillas or hard taco shells and your favorite taco fixings.
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast for 10 servings use 4 breasts
- 16 ounce canned tomato sauce
- 16 ounce water
FOR SERVING - OPTIONAL
- 20 tortilla Hard or Soft
- 2 tomato diced
- 2 jalapeno seeded and sliced
- 4 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 lime cut into wedges
- 5 tablespoon sour cream
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Sharp Knives, Skillet
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 1255mg | Potassium: 678mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 880IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.