Book a Chef
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Rated 0 out of 5
$32.50 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 8 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the salt and the pasta. Cook until al dente, about 12 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and return pasta to warm pot.
- Meanwhile, to a medium sauté pan, add all the butter, 2/3 of the cream, and the salt. Turn heat to medium and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until cream thickens up a bit. Add the shrimp and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Add the sauce and shrimp to the pasta pot and turn heat on to low. Toss the pasta, bringing it up and around from the bottom of the pan until all the pasta is coated.
- Add the remaining cream, grated Parmesan cheese, freshly ground pepper, and the nutmeg. Toss again and taste and correct for salt. Garnish with parsley if desired, and serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese on the side.
Total Time30 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
For the pasta:
- 1 1/2 pound fettuccine dry, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoon Kosher salt Diamond Crystal recommended
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 pound raw shrimp size 21-25, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated, plus additional cheese for serving
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper freshly ground preferred
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped
Cooking Tools RequiredColander, Cutting board, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot
Recipes made with cream tend to separate when re-heated. For best results heat in a sauté pan with a lid, over low heat until warm.
Calories: 539kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 240mg | Sodium: 2643mg | Potassium: 316mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 277mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.