Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
Portion Beef Patties:
- Divide beef into even portions, about 3 oz each (2 patties per serving). Loosely roll them into balls then cover and refrigerate while preparing remaining ingredients. The meat must be cold when it hits the grill.
Prep Toppings and Buns:
- Remove wilted leaves from lettuce to keep it crunchy then finely shred lettuce. Slice tomatoes, onions, and pickles.
- Butter and toast buns over medium heat until golden on the buttered side.
Cook the Patties:
- Increase griddle to medium/high heat. Place 2-4 burger balls onto hot griddle. Working quickly, place parchment paper over the meat and firmly smash straight down into a thin patty.
- Once patties are smashed, peel back and discard parchment papers and season patties with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes on the first side or until seared and juices start to come to the surface.
- Scrape under the burger with spatula facing down at a 45˚ angle to get under the caramelized part and flip. Cook another 1 minute. Top half of the patties with sliced cheese and cover cheese with the second patty. Repeat with remaining burgers and transfer them to a platter as they finish cooking.
- Place sauce on bottom of bun. Top with 3 pickle slices, shredded lettuce, 2 tomato slices and thin sliced onion. Add double patty and top with bun.
Total Time40 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 3 1/2 pound 80% lean ground beef divided into 3 ounce portions (2 paties per serving)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 10 slice medium cheddar cheese or your favorite
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 10 brioche burger bun buttered
- 3 1/2 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2 tomato large, sliced
- 1 red onion large, sliced into thin rings
- 4 dill pickle cut into 30 slices
Cooking Tools Required12-inch nonstick skillet, Cutting board, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Sharp Knives, Spatula, Top Stove
Calories: 611kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 854mg | Potassium: 657mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 963IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 4mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.