Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Soft Poached Eggs with Tarragon and Asparagus
$27.08 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Prepare an ice bath with 1 dozen ice cubes and water in a large bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add asparagus; cook until bright green, approximately 3-5 minutes; transfter asparagus to ice bath to stop cooking and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat and add garlic; cook for 1 minute before adding asparagus, tarragon salt and pepper; toss to coat evenly and cook for 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is tender and warmed through, but still crisp.
- Transfer asparagus to platter and keep warm.
- In the same large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add bread crumbs; toss to coat evenly and cook until toasted, approximately 3-5 minutes; remove from heat and set aside to garnish dish.
- Divide up asparagus on 10 plates (or the chosen number of servings) and set aside.
- Fill a medium pot with 2-3 inches of water; bring water a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Crack each egg into a small bowl and slowly add to simmering water; cook egg for 3-4 minutes or until whites are set and egg is firm; remove with slotted spoon and set egg on top of asparagus and garnish with 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with remaining eggs; garnish and serve.
- 10 egg
- 2 pound asparagus trimmed and ends peeled
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tarragon minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Sharp Knives, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Tongs, Top Stove
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 170mg | Sodium: 338mg | Potassium: 297mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1052IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.