Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Southwestern Chicken Soup
$45.50 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 12 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Place the olive oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. When hot add the onion and sauté for about five minutes, until onion is tender.
- Add the garlic, cumin and chili powder. Sauté for an additional minute or two, being careful not to burn the garlic or spices.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, corn, beans, and chicken. Bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the tortilla garnish by heating oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Drop in about 1/3 of the tortilla strips at a time and cook until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Remove chicken breasts from pot and allow to cool slightly then shred with 2 forks. Return to pot and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper; stir in cilantro. Adjust seasonings.
- Place an equal amount of soup in each serving bowl. Top with tortilla strips and a tablespoon or two of cheese.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 yellow onion medium, diced
- 8 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 cup chicken stock room temperature or cold
- 56 ounce canned whole peeled tomatoes roughly chopped, juice reserved for another use
- 2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 30 ounce canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 corn tortilla cut into strips about ¼ inch wide and 2 or 3 inches long
- 2 cup avocado oil for frying
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend such as Queso Fresco, crumbled
Cooking Tools RequiredColander, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing spoon, Saucepan, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Top Stove
Heat in microwave on high power until desired temperature is reached.
Calories: 828kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 1431mg | Potassium: 1250mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 454IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 5mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.