Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Spaghetti Squash with Meat Ragu
$43.33 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 8-9 oz meat sauce & 6 oz of spaghetti squash
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 servings
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and fibers and place on a microwave safe dish. Using a knife poke 6 holes in each half and cover. Microwave 11-12 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large deep sauté pan, melt butter and add oil. Add onions, celery and carrots and sauté on medium-low for about 3 to 4 minutes, until soft.
- Add the beef and season with salt. Brown the meat and cook, breaking it into smaller pieces with your spoon until cooked through.
- When cooked, add the tomatoes and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bay leaf and cover, reducing heat to low. Simmer at least 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering. Shred spaghetti squash. When cool, use a fork to remove flesh, which will come out in spaghetti looking strands.
- Keep covered and set aside keeping warm until sauce is ready. Serve topped with meat sauce and grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 8 pound spaghetti squash about 2 medium
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt 1 teaspoon per squash, or to taste
For the Meat sauce:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 cup celery finely chopped
- 2 pound lean ground beef
- 56 ounce canned crushed tomatoes 2 large cans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cooking Tools RequiredCan Opener, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Microwave, Mixing spoon, Pyrex baking dish, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Spatula, Top Stove
Heat in microwave on high power until warm.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 1873mg | Potassium: 896mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 2583IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 4mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.