Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
$37.92 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 6-7 oz meat sauce, 5-6 oz cooked spaghetti
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, and Italian seasoning. Saute several minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add the ground beef and the Italian sausage, browning for about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks.
- Add the wine and allow to simmer until most of the liquid is gone.
- Add the milk and allow to simmer until most of the liquid is gone.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer an additional 15 minutes. Taste and correct for salt.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, return pasta to pot and add the meat sauce. Toss to combine.
- Plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
For the meat sauce:
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion large, finely chopped
- 3 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 carrot large, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound Italian sausage
- 1.5 cup white wine dry, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1.5 cup whole milk
- 42 ounce can plum tomatoes in juice chopped with juice
For the pasta:
- 1 ½ pound spaghetti cooked al-dente
- 2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
Cooking Tools RequiredCan Opener, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Top Stove
Reheat in microwave on high power until heated through.
Calories: 518kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 1867mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1360IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.