Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 16 people
- Whisk together cocoa, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate and coconut oil together, about 30 seconds.
- Prick yam with a fork and place in microwave. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft. When cool enough to handle peel, then place in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract to to processor and process for several minutes or until pale and thick.
- Remove yam/egg mixture and place into a mixing bowl. Add the melted chocolate and coconut oil mixture and blend. Add the cocoa mixture all at once, and whisk to blend.
- Pour into a square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350o F for about 35 to 40 minutes. Test with a toothpick to make sure brownies are ready.
- Let cool and cut into 16 squares.
Total Time55 minutes minutes
Recipe Serving Size16 people
- 4 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounce dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yam or sweet potato
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Cooking Tools Required8x8 inch nonstick baking pan, Food Processor, Forks, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Microwave, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Oven, parchment paper, Spatula, Whisk
Brownies can be kept at room temperature for several days, then stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 308mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 84IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.