Book a Chef
Szechuan Eggplant with Brown Rice
Rated 0 out of 5
$54.17 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 cup eggplant and 3/4 cup brown rice
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Cut eggplant into ½ inch thick half-moons or into bite-sized pieces. Place in a big bowl covered with water and stir in salt. Cover with a plate and let stand for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the garlic and ginger and make the Szechuan sauce.
- Drain eggplant and pat dry. Coat with olive oil. Put the eggplant in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the eggplant at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Add 1 more tablespoon oil to the skiller, and over medium heat, add the garlic and ginger, stirring for 2 minutes. Turn the fan on, add the dried chilis and stir for one minute. Pour the Szechuan sauce into the pan and bring to a simmer for 20 seconds. Add the eggplant back into the skillet, tossing gently for about 1 minute. If it seems dry, add a tablespoon of water to loosen.
- Serve with brown rice (optional).
Total Time50 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 4 pound Japanese Eggplant about 4x10 inch eggplant
- 5 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for coating the eggplant
- 10 clove garlic rough chopped
- 5 teaspoon ginger finely minced
- 12 dried red chilies
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cup brown rice cooked according to package directions
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Cooking Tools RequiredAir fryer, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Top Stove
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 2034mg | Potassium: 833mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 617IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.