Thai Cucumber Salad with Basil and Peanuts
Rated 0 out of 5
$21.67 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 5 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat until sugar is dissolved, about 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl toss together the cucumbers, carrots, red onions, and basil. Pour warm dressing over the vegetables, toss again, and refrigerate until cool (about an hour).
- When ready to serve, garnish with chopped peanuts.
Total Time20 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or your favorite sweetener
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce Lee Kum Kee brand recommended
For the salad:
- 4 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 carrot peeled and shredded
- 1 red onion small, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts chopped, check for diet restrictions
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Grater, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Saucepan, Sharp Knives, Top Stove, Vegetable Peeler
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 527mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 2207IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.