Vegan Onions, Mushrooms and Cashews Pate
$25.00 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 servings
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Sauté the onions slowly over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until lightly browned.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, then clean and chop. Add to the skillet, cover, and cook briefly with the onions until wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine the onion and mushroom mixture (including any liquid that may have formed) to a food processor along with the cashews and lemon juice. Process until smoothly pureed, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper and additional lemon juice if desired, and pulse on and off to work into the mixture.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and allow to cool to room temperature before serving. If making ahead of time, cover and store in the refrigerator until needed, then bring to room temperature before serving.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the top with paprika and parsley. Serve with matzo, matzo crackers (for Passover), fresh bread or crackers, and/or raw vegetables.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cup onion 1 large or 2 medium, chopped
- 8 ounce mushroom white or cremini (aka baby bella) mushrooms
- ¾ cup cashews toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh parsley Finely minced
Cooking Tools RequiredBlender, Cutting board, Fine-Mesh Strainer, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing spoon, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Spatula, Top Stove
If refrigerated, remove 15 minutes before serving, stir.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.