Book a Chef
Chicken Schnitzel with Jasmine Rice and Chopped Israeli Salad
Rated 0 out of 5
$32.50 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 cutlet, 4 ounces potato, 7 ounce salad
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 6
For the brown rice:
- Heat pot over medium heat. Add oil, swirling to coat pan. Add rice and toast until fragrant, shaking pan occasionally, around 5 minutes. Add water, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low and simmer with lid on. Simmer until water has been absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, keep lid on, and let rice sit 10 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with fork. Fold in parsley.
For the chopped Israeli salad
- Chop the first 6 ingredients into a very small fine dice. The smaller you chop the better.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with the lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Taste and adjust lemon and salt to your liking.
For the schnitzel:
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 250 degrees if you wish to keep chicken warm.
- Cut the chicken breasts horizontally into two pieces. Place the pieces between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them until they are ¼ inch thick. Lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Add garlic powder to breadcrumbs and mix to combine.
- Heat ¼ inch oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. While skillet is heating up, dip the chicken in this order: flour, eggs, breadcrumbs. Coat both sides, gently shaking off any excess breadcrumbs.
- Cook cutlets about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to wire rack and place in oven while cooking the remaining cutlets.
- For serving, squeeze with fresh lemon juice and top with chopped parsley. Serve with mashed potatoes. Allow to cool completely before storing any leftovers.
Total Time30 minutes
Recipe Serving Size6
For the chicken:
- 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast about 3 large chicken breast
- 1 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg large, beaten
- 2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup avocado oil for frying
- 2 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped
- 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges
For the white Jasmine rice:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup Jasmine rice
- 2.5 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped, optional
For the chopped Israeli salad
- 1.5 pound tomato extra-large finely diced
- 1 English cucumber finely diced
- 3 ounce onion finely diced
- 1 ounce orange bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs Italian parsley, mint or cilantro, or a mix of all three
- 1.5 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice start with ½ a lemon, add more to taste
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cooking Tools Required12-inch skillet, 5-quart saucepot, Cooling Rack, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Meat Pounder, Oven, Potato Masher, Sharp Knives, Tongs, Top Stove, Vegetable Peeler
Best eaten right after cooking. Heat potatoes in microwave on medium-high heat until heated through. Heat chicken in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Calories: 895kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 151mg | Sodium: 1727mg | Potassium: 1265mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2270IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 5mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.