Lower Carb Southwestern Chicken Soup
Rated 0 out of 5
$50.92 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 12 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Place the olive oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. When hot add the onion and sauté for about five minutes, until onion is tender.
- Add the garlic, cumin and chili powder. Sauté for an additional minute or two, being careful not to burn the garlic or spices.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, zucchini, beans, and chicken. Bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from pot and allow to cool slightly then shred with 2 forks. Return to pot and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper; stir in cilantro. Adjust seasonings.
Total Time47 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 yellow onion medium, diced
- 8 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 9 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 56 ounce canned whole peeled tomatoes roughly chopped, juice reserved for another use elsewhere
- 4 zucchini small, diced
- 15 ounce canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste or preference
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
Cooking Tools RequiredColander, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing spoon, Saucepan, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Top Stove
Heat in microwave on high power until desired temperature is reached.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 664mg | Potassium: 1128mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 516IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 4mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.