Porcini Mushroom Risotto
$48.75 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 5 ounce
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- In a medium or large saucepan bring the stock to a low simmer on a burner close to where you will be making your risotto. Add the porcini mushrooms to the stock and cover. Set aside until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon remove the mushrooms and finely chop. Keep stock warm on low heat.
- To a large skillet add the olive oil and half the butter. Turn the heat to medium. When the butter has melted and is bubbling, add the onions and sauté until tender, but not brown, about 3 minutes. Add the rice, stirring to coat well, sautéing for about a minute or so.
- Add the wine and simmer until almost completely evaporated, stirring constantly. Add a ladle of stock (1/2-1 cup, depending on servings) and stir until almost evaporated, about 2-3 minutes. Continue this process until the rice is cooked, about 15-30 minutes (depending on servings). With the last ladle of stock add the reserved mushrooms. Taste frequently for doneness during the last five minutes of cooking time.
- Turn off heat and add Kosher salt and pepper to taste, the remaining butter, and the Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange risotto on individual plates or one large platter. Garnish with parsley if desired.
NOTES: If you run out of stock and the risotto is not done, use hot water in its place. Finished risotto should have a slight chewiness in the very center of the grain (al dente). Best served immediately. Do not add butter or cheese until just before serving. If not serving immediately, slightly undercook the rice, then just before serving finish off with remaining stock, butter and cheese.
- 7 cup low sodium vegetable stock more or less depending on cooking
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushroom or assorted dried wild mushrooms
- 1 ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion small, finely chopped
- 3 cup Arborio rice or Carnaroli, or Vialone Nano Rice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc
- Kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (flat-leaf parsley) optional, chopped
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Ladle, Measuring cups and spoons, Saucepan, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Top Stove
If risotto was cooked very al-dente, add to a pan with a little water and heat slowly until warm, otherwise place in microwave on medium power until heated through.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.