$54.17 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 6 ounce
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- In a large saucepan bring water to a boil. Add salt. Turn heat off and add shrimp and scallops, cooking only halfway through. This should take only a minute or two. Remove with a slotted spoon. Bring the broth back to a boil and add the clams, removing when shells open. Lastly, add the mussels cooking until shells open. Reserve shellfish, and broth, as this will be your stock for the risotto. Keep stock at a very low simmer on a burner close to where you will be making your risotto.
- In a large sauté pan(s) add the olive oil and onion. Turn the heat to medium and sauté onions until tender, but not brown, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and continue sautéing until it is pale gold. Add the rice, stirring to coat well, sautéing for about a minute or so.
- Add the wine and simmer until almost completely evaporated.
- Add a ladle (1/2-1 cup, depending on servings) of stock and stir until almost evaporated for about 2-3 minutes. Add another ladle of stock, again stirring until the liquid has evaporated. Continue this process until the rice is cooked, about 15-30 minutes. Taste frequently for doneness during the last five minutes of cooking time.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then add the reserved shellfish, burying it under the rice.
- Arrange risotto on individual plates or one large platter. Garnish with parsley.
NOTES: If you run out of stock and the risotto is not done, use hot water in its place. Finished risotto should have a slight chewiness in the very center of the grain (al dente). Best served immediately. If not serving immediately, slightly undercook the rice, then just before serving finish off with remaining stock.
- 4 ounce shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 ounce scallop
- 4 ounce mussel or clams
- 7 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion small, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic finely chopped
- 3 cup Arborio Carnaroli, or Vialone Nano Rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 fresh red chili pepper optional, to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley or flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Top Stove
If risotto was cooked very al-dente, add to a pan with a little water and heat slowly until warm, otherwise place in microwave on medium power until heated through.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 392mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.