Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the chopped tomatoes and juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan. Cook, covered, stirring often on medium heat for about 20-25 minutes. Taste and correct for salt.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts into halves horizontally. Put each piece between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them to 3/8 inch thick. Season chicken filets with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- On a large rimmed plate, mix together the bread crumbs and the Italian seasoning; set aside. In a shallow bowl beat together the eggs and the water.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in flour until thoroughly coated, shaking off excess. Dip in the egg mixture, letting any excess runoff. Coat with breadcrumbs, patting gently to thoroughly cover each piece.
- Heat a large sauté pan(s) to medium and add half the olive oil. Place coated chicken filets into pan(s) and cook for about 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned.
- Place ½ the tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking dish(es) that will accommodate all the chicken, slightly overlapping if necessary. Place chicken over sauce and spoon remaining sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, then grated parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Recipe Serving Size10