Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Creamy Zucchini Soup with Walnuts and Dill
Rated 0 out of 5(0 customer reviews)
$27.08 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Heat the oil over medium-low heat in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent. Do not brown.
- Add the zucchini, broth, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Meanwhile, place the walnuts on the prepared baking sheet and toast in the oven until fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. (Keep a close eye on them as nuts can burn quickly).
- Add the dill and walnuts to the soup. Using a stick blender, purée the soup until smooth. Alternatively, purée the soup in batches in a blender. Add the lemon juice to the soup, taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with more olive oil, sprinkle with dill, and serve.
Total Time25 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 onion medium, chopped
- 4 clove garlic quartered
- 7 zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced thin
- 6 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon fresh dill or half the quantity dried, plus more for serving
- 3 ounce walnuts toasted, 3 oz of walnuts is equal to 2/3 cup of shelled walnut pieces
- 5 tablespoon lemon juice
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking sheet, Blender, Cutting board, Immersion Blender, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing spoon, Oven, Sharp Knives, Spatula, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Top Stove, Whisk
Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The soup can be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost it in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours, until completely thawed. Serve cold or reheat it on the stovetop over medium heat until hot.10
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 925mg | Potassium: 440mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 587IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.