Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Creamy Zucchini Soup with Walnuts and Dill
$27.08 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Heat the oil over medium-low heat in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent. Do not brown.
- Add the zucchini, broth, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Meanwhile, place the walnuts on the prepared baking sheet and toast in the oven until fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. (Keep a close eye on them as nuts can burn quickly).
- Add the dill and walnuts to the soup. Using a stick blender, purée the soup until smooth. Alternatively, purée the soup in batches in a blender. Add the lemon juice to the soup, taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with more olive oil, sprinkle with dill, and serve.
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 onion medium, chopped
- 4 clove garlic quartered
- 7 zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced thin
- 6 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon fresh dill or half the quantity dried, plus more for serving
- 3 ounce walnuts toasted, 3 oz of walnuts is equal to 2/3 cup of shelled walnut pieces
- 5 tablespoon lemon juice
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking sheet, Blender, Cutting board, Immersion Blender, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing spoon, Oven, Sharp Knives, Spatula, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Top Stove, Whisk
Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The soup can be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost it in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours, until completely thawed. Serve cold or reheat it on the stovetop over medium heat until hot.10
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 925mg | Potassium: 440mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 587IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.