Queso Fresca Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce
$60.00 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 enchilada
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the enchilada sauce, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour, whisking for 1 minute, until golden roux forms. Add the remaining dry seasonings through to the cumin, whisking to combine. Gradually add the stock, continually whisking, to prevent any lumps. Whisk in the tomato paste. Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- With a mixing bowl and masher, mash the sour cream, queso fresca, shredded Jack and green onions until fluffy. Adjust ratios as needed. Primary ingedients are sour cream and queso fresca. The shredded jack for texture and green onions for flavor.
- Fry tortillas in oil to give them a little crispiness and prevent soggy enchiladas.
- Pour ½ cup of the enchilada sauce into a 9x13 inch, rectangular baking dish. Fill tortillas with equal portions of filling, then roll. Don't leave air pockets in rolled enchiladas. Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas. Press the ends of the enchiladas down into the sauce, to keep them from drying out. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with sliced olives. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbling. Remove from oven.
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour gluten free flour for GF
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 ½ cup vegetable stock
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- 1 bunch green onion dice
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese or pepper jack cheese
- 8 ounce Queso Fresca cheese
- 16 ounce sour cream
- 10 corn tortilla medium or as many as you can fill in the pan
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 2.2 ounce canned sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese or pepper jack cheese
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking Pan, Potato Masher, Saucepan, Saute pan
Heat, covered in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 1764mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1807IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 411mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.