Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Smoky Spiced Chicken with Creamy Cilantro Sauce with Vegetable Farro
$48.75 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and a cup of vegetable farro
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Bring a large pot, filled ¾ full of water to a boil. Add salt and farro. Cook uncovered 18-20 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and return farro to pot.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot add the onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and zucchini and saute for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute an additional 2 minutes. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Add to the pot of farro.
- In the same cleaned pan (and an additional large saute pan if needed), add olive oil and place over medium heat. Mix together paprika, garlic powder, and cumin. Season chicken breasts with the spice blend and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer register 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the creamy cilantro sauce. Set aside.
- In another small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing with the red pepper flakes, honey, and vinegar, and add to the pot of farrow. Stir well to combine. Adjust seasonings.
- Keep the farro, chicken, and creamy sauce separate. When serving, plate farro, then top with sliced chicken breast and creamy cilantro sauce.
- 2 cup pearled farro
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini for 10 servings 2 medium dice
- 1 red bell pepper medium chopped
- 8 ounce mushrooms quartered
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon pickled Peruvian peppers OR sub pickled sweet peppers
- 4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast for 10 servings about 10 medium
- 4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons if using 2 pans
For the creamy cilantro sauce:
- 4 tablespoon fromage blanc OR sub full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- water to thin sauce if needed
For the dressing:
- 2 ½ tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Meat Thermometer, Mixing bowls, Saucepan, Saute pan, Sharp Knives
Keep the farro, chicken, and creamy sauce separate. When serving, plate farro, then top with sliced chicken breast and creamy cilantro sauce. Heat in microwave on medium-high power until heated through.
Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 923mg | Potassium: 1071mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1081IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.