Book a Chef
Rated 0 out of 5
$59.58 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 2 cookies
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Beat together the peanut butter, shortening, butter, and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer, 4 to 5 minutes, until fluffy and combined. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Scoop the dough into 20 even portions (about 2 packed tablespoons each) and roll into balls. Flatten each ball slightly and arrange the cookies 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press the center of each cookie with your thumb. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through.
- As you pull the cookies out of the oven, gently place 1 Reese's Mini just barely below the center of each cookie, allowing the warm cookie to melt the chocolate "body" into place. Then, very gently press 1 chocolate covered raisin or peanut "head" right above the Reese's Mini on each cookie. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, use the gel writing icing to draw 8 legs from the body of each spider. Allow the icing to set and enjoy!
Total Time55 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 20 miniature peanut butter cups such as Reese's Mini's
- 20 chocolate covered raisins
- black writing gel icing
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking sheet, Cooling Rack, Electric Hand Mixer, Electric Pressure Cooker, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, parchment paper, Whisk
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 431mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.