Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Book a Chef
Apple, Walnut And Honey Cake
Rated 0 out of 5(0 customer reviews)
$59.58 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 12
- Turn oven on at 375, pre-heat.
- Dice the 2 apples for the cake and slice the 3 apples for the topping. Put them in a bowl, add confectioner sugar and cinnamon, mix and put them aside, this will give the apples time to get liquid with the sugar/cinnamon mix. Slice the 3 apples for the topping. Keep them separate.
- Mix flour with a pinch of baking powder, put it aside as well.
- Soften the butter and coat the baking dish with it. Put the rest aside for the batter.
- In a big mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for about 2 minutes. add the flour in 1/4 increments and alternate with the liquid in 1/3 increments. Start with adding flour increment first and finish with the flour mixture last.
- Pour slowly the half & half, vanilla extract into the batter. You can keep the hand-held mixer with one hand and pour it with the other hand so the mixing is consistent. Lastly, add the butter, honey, and mix a bit more.
- At this point don't use the electrical mixer. Add the coated apples with confectioner sugar and cinnamon. Add the walnuts and fold everything into the batter.
- Pour onto the baking dish. Place in oven for about 8-10 minutes.
- Get the baking dish out of the oven (close the oven so it doesn't lose heat) and decorate with sliced apples as you desire. Sprinkle the confectioner sugar/cinnamon mix on top evenly. Place back in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- When ready, remove the baking dish from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- This recipe is based on using a 9X13 baking dish. Please note that your baking time might vary slightly if the dimensions of the baking dish are different because the cake will be thicker or thinner so it might need a different baking time. Adjust accordingly.
- The cake is not too fluffy, it’s supposed to be that way because of the number of apples inside it. It’s a rather a heavy cake (weight wise).
Total Time55 minutes
Recipe Serving Size12
For the Cake
- 5 ounce walnuts chopped
- 3 egg
- 4 tablespoon butter
- pinch baking powder
- 3 cup self-rising flour all-purpose can work as well if you don't have self-rising
- 1.5 cup half & half
- 2 apple chopped
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 0.5 cup confectioner sugar
- 6 ounce honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 3 apple sliced
- 0.5 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking Pan, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Sharp Knives
It’s best served warmed. Serve as desired with ice cream or other fruits and walnuts.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.
There are no reviews yet.