Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Big Italian Salad
$16.25 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Make the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor and blitz to blend.
- Place all of the salad ingredients except for the cheese in a large bowl. Right before serving, add about half of the dressing and toss well. Add more dressing little by little as necessary; be sure to dress greens very generously, otherwise salad will be bland. Toss in the cheese, then taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 1 ½ cup fresh parsley loosely packed
- 1 ½ cup fresh basil loosely packed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 clove garlic peeled
- 3 ounce red wine vinegar best quality
- 1 ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil best quality
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 2 ½ teaspoon honey
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 head butter lettuce medium heads, cut in bite size pieces
- 2 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 2 carrot peeled into ribbons
- 2 stalk celery chopped
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 13 ounce cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 ounce olives pitted
- 3 ounce feta cheese or to taste
Cooking Tools RequiredBlender, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Sharp Knives, Tongs
Note: Ricotta salata is an Italian sheep's milk cheese that has a salty, slightly tangy flavor, almost like a dry Italian feta. It is not the same as the wet ricotta in the tub. You can find it at Whole Foods, gourmet grocers or specialty cheese shops.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 687mg | Potassium: 612mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 14974IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.