Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 customer ratings(4 customer reviews)
Big Italian Salad
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 customer ratings(3 customer reviews)
$16.25 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Make the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor except for the olive oil. Pulse to blend. In a slow stream, add the olive oil, so you end up with an emulsified vinaigrette.
- Place all of the salad ingredients except for the cheese in a large bowl. Right before serving, add about half of the dressing and toss well. Add more dressing little by little as necessary; be sure to dress greens very generously, otherwise salad will be bland. Toss in the cheese, then taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Vinaigrette may separate over time. Add to a jar or bottle and shake vigorously to emulsify.
Total Time15 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 1 ½ cup Italian parsley loosely packed
- 1 ½ cup fresh basil loosely packed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 clove garlic peeled
- 3 ounce red wine vinegar best quality
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 2 ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil best quality
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 head butter lettuce medium heads, cut in bite size pieces
- 2 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 2 carrot peeled into ribbons
- 2 stalk celery chopped
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 13 ounce cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 ounce feta cheese or to taste
Cooking Tools RequiredBlender, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Sharp Knives, Tongs
Note: Ricotta salata is an Italian sheep's milk cheese that has a salty, slightly tangy flavor, almost like a dry Italian feta. It is not the same as the wet ricotta in the tub. You can find it at Whole Foods, gourmet grocers or specialty cheese shops.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 687mg | Potassium: 612mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 14974IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.