Book a Chef
Chicken and Vegetable Soup with Cauliflower Rice
Rated 0 out of 5
$119.17 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 2 cups
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Add cold water to a large pot. Add chicken, then turn heat to high. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes, skimming off the foam that accumulates on top.
- Add the zucchini, carrots, butternut squash, celery, onion, cabbage and parsley. Bring to a boil, season with salt, pepper and turmeric, lower the heat and cook for 1 hour. Add the chickpeas in the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower rice. Add the olive oil to a large pan set over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and toast for several minutes, about 5, until it's ready.
- Remove cooked chicken from pot, discard the skin, then shred chicken with a fork. Return shredded chicken to the pot. Remove the celery ribs. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve the cauliflower rice with the soup.
- Note: When storing, separate cauliflower from the soup.
This recipe uses Moroccan couscous the small sized couscous, NOT the larger pearled couscous, often called Israeli couscous in this country.
Total Time1 hour 50 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 15 cup cold water
- 6 piece bone-in chicken thigh
- 5 zucchini large dice
- 4 carrot large dice
- 14 ounce butternut squash large dice
- 2 yellow onion large dice
- 1/2 head green cabbage roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Italian parsley chopped
- 15 ounce canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 rib celery
- 20 ounce frozen cauliflower rice defrosted
Cooking Tools Required12-inch saute pan, 5-quart saucepot, Cutting board, Ladle, Measuring cups and spoons, Pot with lid, Sharp Knives, Top Stove
Heat cauliflower and soup together in a large bowl in the microwave on medium-high power until heated through.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 376mg | Potassium: 1105mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 9096IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 4mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.