Book a Chef
Beef Chile Colorado
Rated 0 out of 5
$65.00 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 6 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Remove stems and seeds from dried chilis, and place then in a pot with 1/3 of the beef broth. Cover and bring to a boil; simmer for 5 minutes until softened.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, blend chilis with broth they were simmered in and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in large pot (or in pressure cooker on saute). Add the beef and sauté on high heat for 5 minutes. Season beef with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper as it cooks. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan (or pressure cooker on saute). Add the onions, garlic, and jalapeno. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add oregano and cilantro; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir, to keep from sticking for 2 more minutes.
- Add the remaining beef broth, the pureed chilis, lime juice, and reserved beef. Set pressure cooker to high and pressure cook for 30 minutes. Release pressure when time is up. If not using a pressure cooker, the meat needs at least an hour to cook on stove.
- Adjust seasonings and garnish with remaining cilantro.
Total Time1 hour
Recipe Serving Size10
- 4 dried ancho chile softened. If using a ancho chile powder, use 1 tablesppom for 10 servings of Chile.
- 5 dried guajillo chile softened
- 4 cup beef broth
For the beef:
- 3 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 pound beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion large dice
- 2 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 4 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped, half reserved for garnish
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 lime juiced
- 1 bay leaf
- sour cream
Cooking Tools RequiredBlender, Cutting board, Electric Pressure Cooker, Immersion Blender, Measuring cups and spoons, Saucepan, Saute pan, Top Stove
Reheat uncovered in a small pot on med heat. Stir to keep from sticking. add a small amount of water if necessary
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 940mg | Potassium: 901mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4373IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 5mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.