Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Crunchy Thai Peanut and Quinoa Salad
$27.08 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 cup
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 servings
- Cook the quinoa: First, rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh colander under running water.
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the rinsed quinoa and 1 ½ cups water.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and gently simmer the quinoa until it has absorbed all of the water.
- Remove the quinoa from heat, cover the pot and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set it aside to cool. (Here’s how to cook millet.)
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce: Whisk together the peanut butter and tamari until smooth (if this is difficult, microwave the mixture for up to 30 seconds to loosen it up). Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. If the mixture seems too thick to toss into the salad, whisk in a bit of water to loosen it up (I didn’t need to do this).
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, shredded cabbage, carrot, snow peas, red bell pepper, cilantro, and green onion.
- Toss to combine, then pour in the peanut sauce. Toss again until everything it lightly coated in sauce. Taste, and if it doesn’t taste quite amazing yet, add a pinch of salt and toss again.
- Divide into individual bowls and garnish with peanuts.
- 1 ½ cup quinoa or millet uncooked
- 3 cup water
- 4 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 2 cup carrot julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 2 cup snow peas or sugar snap peas thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup green onion sliced
- ½ cup roasted salted peanuts chopped for garnish
For the peanut sauce:
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoon tamari soy sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger I love ginger so I used 4 teaspoons
- 1 lime juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
Cooking Tools RequiredColander, Cutting board, Grater, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Saucepan, Sharp Knives, Tongs, Top Stove, Whisk
This salad keeps well, covered and refrigerated, for about 4 days. If you don’t want your chopped peanuts to get soggy, store them separately from the rest and garnish just before serving.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 740mg | Potassium: 580mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5417IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.