Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 12
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse in cold water
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pot or stock pot over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until just translucent, but not brown.
- Add beef and sausage, breaking up large clumps with a spoon. After meat is no longer pink add shredded carrots and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in herbs and chili flakes and stir to combine. Add tomato paste and stir until mixed thoroughly. Cook for 3 minutes more.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and red wine if using. If not using wine pour water into empty crushed tomato can to rinse, and put into sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes. While simmering you can prepare filling.
- Preheat oven to 375. Drain pasta and dry on paper towels or kitchen towel. Place thin layer of sauce on bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Topped with lasagna. Spoon a layer of the cheese mixture over noodles and spread to coat evenly. Layer with more sauce and 1/3 cup mozzarella and sprinkle of paremsan. Repeat twice more for a total of 3 layers. Cover with foil and place in oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook for additional 10 minutes