Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Sonoran Mexican Rice
Rated 0 out of 5(0 customer reviews)
$21.67 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 cup
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 people
- Heat oil in large skillet. Cook rice over med heat until slightly browned. About 5 minutes
- Add garlic, onions and all spices. Cook for additional 2 minutes
- Add chilis, tomato and stock or water. Stir to combine. If using put peas and carrots on top
- Cover with lid and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with fork
Total Time20 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10 people
- 2 ½ cup long grain white rice rinsed
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup onion diced
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder preferably California or New Mexico
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram or fresh oregano. If using dried use ⅔ less
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounce canned green chilis ortega or any roasted green chili. chopped
- 8 ounce canned tomato sauce
- 4 cup vegetable stock Or 5 cups of water mixed with 2 tablespoons of vegetable bullion
- 1 cup carrot frozen (optional)
- 1 cup peas frozen ( optional)
Cooking Tools RequiredCan Opener, Cutting board, Food storage containers, Measuring cups and spoons, Skillet, Tongs, Top Stove
Reheat in a sauce pot, add a cup of water witha tablespoon of veggies bullion, or instead, add one cup of vegetable stock. Adjust with salt and pepper to tate. Heat on medium-high for 5-6 minutes.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 566mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2804IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.