Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Red Lentil Dahl
$27.08 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flake and cook for a few minutes.
- Grind the cumin, coriander and mustard seeds lightly in a pestle and mortar, then add to the pan, along with the turmeric and garam masala, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes with their juice, coconut milk and broth, then stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and cook on medium-low for 15-20 minutes, until reduced and thick.
- If you have time, you can leave it a little longer on very low heat for even more flavor (just stir often and check it doesn't scorch the bottom of the pan). Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- Stir in lemon juice and spinach until it wilts.
- Serve with warm rice, naan or poppadoms.
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cup onion diced, about 3 medium
- 6 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 cup dry lentil for 10 servings 400g, uncooked (rinsed and drained)
- 28 ounce canned diced tomatoes for 10 servings, 2 cans
- 28 ounce canned lite coconut milk for 10 servings 2 can
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice for 10 servings, juice of half a lemon
- 4 cup spinach leaves
Cooking Tools RequiredCan Opener, Colander, Cutting board, Grater, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Spatula, Top Stove, Vegetable Peeler
Reheat to desired temperature using the stove top or microwave.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1039mg | Potassium: 682mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1492IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 5mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.