Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Seafood, Chicken and Chorizo Paella
$59.58 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 people
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. When hot add garlic, thyme and saffron, stirring frequently so garlic does not brown.
- When garlic is soft and golden (about 2 minutes), and the oil starts to turn yellow. add the clam juice, wine and broth. Move pot to a back burner set to simmer. Start Paella.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a paellera set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and chorizo. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes until chicken is mostly cooked through. Set aside on a Large plate.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan, then add shrimp and bell peppers. Saute for 4-5 minutes and when cooked through reserve to the large plate.
- Add the last tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the tomatoes and paprika, cooking for 3-4 minutes, until tomatoes start to break down.
- Add rice. Ladle in just enough broth to reach top of rice. Stir. From this point on DO NOT STIR!! Simmer and as rice absorbs the stock, continue adding just enough stock to cover rice. Cook rice to al dente. about 15 minutes.
- Add chicken, chorizo , shrimp and peppers to the pan along with the mussels and peas. Cover with foil and cook until mussels open. about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove foil and turn heat to medium high. Cook just until you start to smell rice starting to almost burn. You want rice to have a nice dark crust but not a black bottom.
A paellera makes all the difference. It produces the socarat, or crunchy bottom part of the rice that is one of the best parts of paella.
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 ounce chorizo Bilbao is best but all spanish chorizo will work, casing discarded and sausage cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 8 ounce raw shrimp, peeled and deveined peeled and deveined. 12 jumbo shrimps 21/25 or larger
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 tomato seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika spanish preferred
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounce short grain white rice Short grain. Arborio, Calaspara or Bomba
- ½ cup green peas fresh preferred, frozen ok
- 1 pound mussels cleaned and debearded
- 1 lemon sliced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh thyme fresh
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 pinch saffron
- 5 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounce clam juice
- ½ cup white wine
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Saucepan, Sharp Knives
reheat in microwave over medium low setting for 4 minutes
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 1068mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 890IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 5mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.