Book a Chef
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Rated 0 out of 5
$48.75 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 7 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- To make the sauce, place all the sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl thoroughly mix together all the chicken pieces and the coating ingredients. Add water a little at a time until you have a coating the consistency of a heavy syrup. Heat half the oil in a large skillet and when hot add half the chicken, leaving it in place to form a bit of a crust. After several minutes turn and cook an additional few minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Set chicken aside.
- Clean the large skillet and add the avocado oil. When hot add the peppers and onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Add the pineapple pieces and all the sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat, then allow to simmer for a minute or two.
- Add reserved chicken to the pan, pulling sauce up from the bottom to coat. Heat for several more minutes. Plate and garnish with green onions.
Total Time45 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
For the sauce:
- 1 cup pineapple juice reserved from canned pineapple slices
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 clove garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 clove garlic peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
For the chicken:
- 3 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup water more or less depending on consistency of marinade
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 red bell pepper medium, diced
- 2 green bell pepper medium, diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 20 ounce canned pineapple slice slices stacked and cut into 1/6ths pieces
- 4 stalk green onion thinly sliced
Cooking Tools RequiredBlender, Cutting board, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Spatula, Top Stove, Whisk
Heat in microwave or sauté pan over medium heat until heated through.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 1084mg | Potassium: 779mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1070IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.