The Best Mashed Potatoes
$0.00 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 5 ounce
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- In a large saucepan add enough water to cover the potatoes by an inch. Add salt and bring to a boil. Cook potatoes until they slip off a knife inserted into the center, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Using a potato masher or ricer, mash about half the potatoes in the pot. Add the cream and butter. Continue mashing until smooth.
- Season with Kosher salt and pepper.
You can also use red-skinned potatoes in this recipe.
Total Time30 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 3 pound Yukon Gold potato peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or milk more or less to thin
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper optional, more of less to taste
Cooking Tools RequiredColander, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Potato Masher, Saucepan, Sharp Knives, Vegetable Peeler
Heat in microwave on full power, covered, stirring once during cooking time until heated through.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 949mg | Potassium: 591mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.