Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Rated 0 out of 5(0 customer reviews)
$37.92 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 people
- Combine the onion, celery, and green pepper in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat with ⅓ cup of water. Cook until all the water evaporates, stirring occasionally. Once the pot is “dry” and the vegetables start to turn golden brown, deglaze the pot with an additional ¼ cup of Water. This step should take around 10 minutes in total.
- Add the garlic, spices, and carrots to the pot, then sauté for a few minutes, adding a small splash of water if things start to stick.
- Add the drained beans, crushed tomatoes, and 1 cup of filtered water to the pot. Bring everything to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the lid from the pot and cook uncovered for 5-7 additional minutes, until the carrots are tender and the chili reaches your desired thickness. Stir this mixture occasionally, to check that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
- Serve warm, and top as desired. Leftovers can be store in the fridge for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to one month.
- Notes: The chili powder should be pure chili powder, not a Chili “blend” of various spices and salt. If you must use a blend, please use a salt-free version.
Total Time35 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10 people
- 5 clove garlic
- 1 cup onion large diced
- 1 1/2 cup green bell pepper large diced
- 4 rib celery diced
- 1 cup carrot sliced
- 1/3 cup chili powder New Mexico or California
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper Optional
- 45 ounce canned red kidney beans drained, for 10 servings - 3 x 15 oz cans
- 45 ounce canned pinto beans drained, for 10 servings - 3 x 15 oz cans
- 56 ounce canned crushed tomatoes for 10 servings - 2 x 28 oz cans
- 2 cup water or vegetable stock
- Kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper
- 4 stalk green onion
- nutritional yeast
- vegan sour cream
Cooking Tools RequiredCan Opener, Cutting board, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Sharp Knives, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Top Stove, Vegetable Peeler
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1033mg | Potassium: 1474mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 5031IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 209mg | Iron: 8mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.