Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Vegan Milky Way
$32.50 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 6 oz
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Make nougat by adding dates to a food processor and blending until small bits remain or it forms a ball. Then add almond and coconut flour and sea salt. Mix/pulse to combine, scraping down sides as needed. You're looking for a semi-firm dough that isn't sticky. If too sticky, add in 1 Tbsp each almond flour and coconut flour at a time until you reach the right consistency.
- Once your dough is formed, add to a parchment-lined standard loaf pan (or more pans, as needed, if increasing batch size) and press down to form a uniform layer. Use something flat - such as a liquid measuring cup or glass - to help flatten. Then lift out of loaf pan and use your hands to shape any areas that are lumpy and compress it slightly until you have a rectangular nougat that is roughly 1/2-inch thick.
- Slice nougat into 6 even bars (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) and set on a parchment-lined plate or baking sheet and pop in freezer to set.
- To make date caramel add dates to a food processor or high speed blender and mix until small bits remain or it forms a ball. Then begin adding warm water 1 Tbsp at a time while blending, scraping down sides as needed. You're looking for a spreadable consistency that isn't watery, but also isn't dough-like. Add salt and mix once more. Set aside.
- Remove nougat from freezer and spread with a generous amount (~2 Tbsp) of date caramel (see photo). You will likely have leftover date caramel*, which you can store in the refrigerator to use for things like ice cream, oatmeal, or other candy bars!
- Set nougat back in freezer while you prepare chocolate. To melt chocolate and coconut oil, either heat in the microwave in 30-second increments until creamy and smooth, or over a double boiler on the stove top. Transfer to a shallow dish and set aside.
- Remove nougat from freezer and quickly add one at a time to the melted chocolate. Use a fork to gently flip/roll the bar until completely coated. Then pick it up (nougat side down - caramel side up) and tap off any excess chocolate. Set back on parchment and repeat until all bars are dipped.
- Either let set at room temperature, or pop in the refrigerator or freezer for 5-10 minutes until the chocolate is firm.
- Enjoy at room temperature, or straight from the freezer or refrigerator. Will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, or in the freezer up to 1 month (sometimes longer).
- 1 ½ pound whole pitted Medjool dates
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 pound whole pitted Medjool dates
- 5 tablespoon water more or less
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cup chopped vegan dark chocolate I like Trader Joe's 72% cacao Pound Plus bars
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Cooking Tools Required8x8 inch nonstick baking pan, Double Boiler, Food Processor, Microwave
Calories: 650kcal | Carbohydrates: 139g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 195mg | Potassium: 1105mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 117g | Vitamin A: 237IU | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 4mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.