Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos
Cook Tools and Details
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix in green onions and bell pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and when hot add the eggs. Let them set on the bottom of the pan for a minute, then stir a few times to cook through, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in a clean towel and steam in the microwave until soft and pliable, about 30-90 seconds.
- On a clean work surface, evenly divide egg mixture onto the bottom third of the tortillas. Top each with cheese. Roll from the bottom, folding the left and right sides in toward the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder. Set aside, seam-side down, and repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- If eating right away, heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray the skillet with oil and add the burritos, seam side down. Cook, covered, until the bottom of the burritos are golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
To freeze burritos:
- Place a sheet of foil on a work surface. Place the rolled burrito in the center bottom third, roll partially, folding the sides of the foil over the burrito, then continue rolling. Transfer to a freezer bag or large sealed container.
- 15 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 10 large flour tortilla burrito size
- cooking spray
- hot sauce optional
Cooking Tools RequiredAluminum Foil, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Sharp Knives, Skillet
To heat burritos in the oven: Transfer burritos to the refrigerator the night before. Bake in foil at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, turning halfway through baking time. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 5 additional minutes.
To heat burritos in the microwave: Transfer burritos to the refrigerator the night before. Remove the burrito from the foil and place it on a microwave-safe dish. Cover with a paper towel and microwave for 1 minute. Turn then cook an additional minute or until heated through. Let stand 2 minutes before eating.
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.